See pictures from Botswana!

http://medicalstudentinbotswana.shutterfly.com/

Enjoy!

NEW PICS!!!! Elizabeth's Visit and the Parent's Visit!!!!

Sunday, June 7, 2009

6-5-09-Friday

Friday was a good day. I got to the clinic early and the crowd (which was larger than normal today) was asked if I could take pictures. As long as it didn’t get on television some of them replied. I assured them of that and the ceremonies began. Ii took a couple pictures here and there which are now posted above.

The day, once again, was frantic. I assigned the undergrads what do to help me, finished organizing the South African curriculum and drafted by fist case outline titled: “8-year-old 3 month check up.” It focuses around a child that had been diagnosed with HIV at age 3 and has been on HAART for 5 years, he is well controlled and has only an ear infection to complain about. I will start authoring it on Tuesday following feedback from Ryan and Grace (training coordinator). Speaking of next week, I am spending by first 3 days in the COE clinic. I have no idea what to expect. And one day out in Thamaga (the-ma-ha), an out-reach clinic. I, again, have no clue what to expect.

The day ended smoothly with a birthday party celebration with signing and dancing and a lot of yelling (see pics). The women do this weird thing with their tongue when they yell and its going to take some getting used to. Pictures are up from that as well.

I went to the gym and returned home to go on our first night out! We took a cab to the local mall, Riverwalk, and went to an Italian restaurant called PRIMI (see pictures). Food was great, drinks were great and the company was even better. We ended our night (at about 9:30 mind you) at a bar/restaurant next door. Here was out night of spending:

PRIMI:
Bruchetta
Large Pizza
Large Pasta
6 Beers
2 Very Large blue drinks (Jam Jars)
Total: P370 = ~$60 (for four people, that’s pretty good)

At the other Bar:
14 shooters (they are small mom, don’t worry)
Picaso (6 different shooters around a bin of tang; drink with straw) see pictures
One Pizza
Total: P170

Over all impression; I like this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment