See pictures from Botswana!

http://medicalstudentinbotswana.shutterfly.com/

Enjoy!

NEW PICS!!!! Elizabeth's Visit and the Parent's Visit!!!!

Monday, June 15, 2009

6-12-09-Friday

So I guess I have officially made it through two work weeks. It seems like I’ve been here forever, but at the same time, I feel like time has passed quickly.

This morning I did laundry and, because we don’t have a dryer, hung it up outside. The only problem being, the sun didn’t come out till 3pm. So, my clothes remain wet and on the floor here under the space heater. I really hope the weather returns to what is was last week.

Especially so because we leave for South Africa tomorrow morning at about 9:30am. We booked a trip to a lodge down there that has us staying in a tent for one night. I mentioned this in another blog. We will have one afternoon game drive and one early morning game drive, all the while enjoying the area around the camp. We should return sometime around 2-3pm on Sunday. I do not think my phone will work in SA, but I’m going to bring it anyways. I’m realizing now that no one will read this until Monday, so never mind.

Today was a normal work day except that we got 3 new undergrads that are coming to volunteer with us for about 3 hours a week. Ryan asked me to organize the meeting and to organize tasks for them to do while they were here. Now, officially, I am the visiting scholar representative; in charge of our crew. There are about 12 of us now that the other three undergrads showed up. Anyways, when I listed off the possible tasks, which included anything from filing to clinical research, all three jumped immediately to my project. I need help finding media and some good clinical cases for my development. So, I put together a list of things I needed. They love it and the idea of designing cases. It made me feel special to see that my idea seemed entertaining enough to undergrads.

Speaking of my project, I’m about 1/5 done with my first case. The limiting factor being the design of this “perfectly” controlled HIV kid. Making his labs match his adherence to match his health is a tough job, but I am enjoying every second of it.

We spent the night going to Riverwalk to book our trip to Vic falls (next week; yay), dinner, and a movie. I saw terminator 4. It was OK. But the movie was about $4, so whatever.

Anyways, I better get to be because I have to get up semi early. Boroko (goodnight in setswana)

No comments:

Post a Comment