See pictures from Botswana!

http://medicalstudentinbotswana.shutterfly.com/

Enjoy!

NEW PICS!!!! Elizabeth's Visit and the Parent's Visit!!!!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

6-23-09- Tuesday

I have mixed feelings about today. Right before I went to bed on Monday I heard news about the Red line metro. I can’t count the number of times I’ve been on the route, passing by Takoma on my way to Fort Totten. I can’t count the number of times I’ve ridden in the front car. I enjoyed the view out the front window. My heart goes out to all the victims and their families.

The actual day was stressful. I had to finish my first case by the end of the day. The media was the toughest part. Formatting huge pictures into a size that is easily down loadable is a pain using just powerpoint and Microsoft paint. Nevertheless, I got a product out to the reviewers and I should hear back from them sometime next week.

In the mean time, I start clinic tomorrow and hopefully will find a niche for the rest of my time here.

Although I have some sort of upper respiratory virus and I’ve felt kinda crummy, I went to go work out, returned home, ate, and then went to go play soccer with the Ohio University (there are about 20 of them working on various projects around the city. 2 of them are working in the COE) students and some locals. The court was a bit far away from where we lived, but the stars were amazing and there was a black out at home. So there wasn’t anything better to do. The court was concrete and well lit. My poor, hole ridden shoes didn’t like that much. But, it was a lot of fun and they invited us out again. They said they played every night, but we will see about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment