See pictures from Botswana!

http://medicalstudentinbotswana.shutterfly.com/

Enjoy!

NEW PICS!!!! Elizabeth's Visit and the Parent's Visit!!!!

Monday, June 22, 2009

6-22-09-Monday

Getting back to work today was chaotic. I had a very long to do list that mostly was administrative. On top of that, I had to get the media for my first case completed and show the visiting undergrads how to take good photos.

Everything went smoothly until it was time to get the photos. I had to get pictures of a 4 year-old and his mother. There were no 4 year-olds in clinic today. So I went with the closest, and 8 year-old. There was only one after the undergrads got here so it was our only shot. The problem is, everyone knows everyone in Botswana. They are afraid that if they are recognized, everyone will know they have HIV. Thus, the mother denied consent. Back to square one.

I hope to have everything completed for case one by the time I leave work tomorrow. Especially because I start taking clinic hours on my own on Wednesday. Also, two new interns arrived from Ohio today. They are nice girls and joined us for lunch at main mall. We had Botswana food and enjoyed lunch.

When we got back, Ryan frantically pulled me aside and told me about the US soccer teams progress (which I already knew). But, he informed me that if they lose to Spain on Wednesday, then they will play for 3rd place on Sunday in South Africa. The stadium was only 3 hours away! One hour later, JW and I had purchased 10 tickets and we plan on going this Sunday. So much for this weekend being a boring weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment