See pictures from Botswana!

http://medicalstudentinbotswana.shutterfly.com/

Enjoy!

NEW PICS!!!! Elizabeth's Visit and the Parent's Visit!!!!

Thursday, July 2, 2009

6-29-09- Monday


Monday was a good day. Its getting a lot colder in Bots now. The mornings dip below 0C and the walks to work are COLD. However, the sun still does a good job of warming things up by noon and walks home for lunch aren’t bad. I started in the lab Monday morning hoping just to watch the nurse, Natifo, draw blood. I should have known better. They are so willing to teach (because it gives them a break from the regular) that she had me sticking the 3rd patient. By lunch I had attempted to stick 5 patients and was successful on 2. Not a really good batting average. I asked Natifo if it was ok that I took lunch (clinic wasn’t done) and she said “of course.” Shes too nice to me :).

I joined Courtney and Kate for lunch at debonaire’s (the pizza place). It was a nice break made possible by the fact that we still had Ryan’s car.

Monday finished with gym, dinner and late night soccer with the OU crew. I love playing soccer with the, with the exception that we are playing on concrete. My poor tennis shoes have been torn to shreds and my left big toe along with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment