See pictures from Botswana!

http://medicalstudentinbotswana.shutterfly.com/

Enjoy!

NEW PICS!!!! Elizabeth's Visit and the Parent's Visit!!!!

Sunday, July 5, 2009

7-2 thru 5-09-Thurs thru Sun

Howdy, OK this one will be short because I have come down with some lower respiratory sickness and I feel pretty bad. Thursday and Friday at work were administrative days (as will be every day this week). I’m trying to perfect the first case, evaluate it and distribute it out. This is proceeding pretty slowly because people here don’t have very much time to help.

So, to try and maximize my time before Elizabeth comes, I want to design my second case this week. I’m going for something like: a teenager that decides he doesn’t want to take his meds anymore, fails the regimen, gets sick and the doctors have to intervene medically and socially. Sounds simple when I write it like that, but I’m nervous about designing this case. Not to mention that my brain is fried from fighting this infection.

OK, I’ll stop whining now and get to the weekend. Saturday was the 4th of July. We had plans to relax outside in the sun all day, but Bots decided to be cloudy and rainy. Of course. So, we spent the majority of the day inside laying on the couch (which felt really nice) until we went to River walk to food shop and talk to loved ones back home. It was a nice and relaxing day climaxed by an incredible night at Bull and Bush.

JW and I left around 8:15 to get some food and have a couple drinks. The place was dead, but there was still a 40 pula cover. Bull and Bush has a great design. There is no paved road to the place so it makes it seem like you are going into the bush. But the restaurant is huge. Indoor and outdoor seating; everything is wooden with tall ceilings (makes it look like a BBQ place in the states). They gave us a table in front of the TV as JW and I sampled the bar food (Which was amazing) and had a couple drinks.

I think sometime around 11-1130 we saw Karabo, the local guide for the OU kids. It was odd to see him alone so I asked him what was up. He told us the OU kids were on the dance floor. Gaborone is a pretty small place…

So the remainder of the night was spent dancing the night away with the group of OU kids. A very fun night that I am paying for now. Sunday morning was rough. I slept in till 8am (which is late for me) and just sat around trying to decide if I were sick, or just feeling the late night. By the end of the day, as we walked to the Zebra’s football game, I realized that I was indeed sick. 2nd time in 1 month. Geeze.

The Zebra’s game was fun. It was nice to see all the locals singing and dancing (my camera died and JW forgot his, so I have no pics from this weekend :( ). Zebra’s ended up tying Iran 1-1. Although, the Zebra’s had many chances that they just couldn’t finish. A good game over all.

The remainder of the night I laid down trying to relax. I was too sick and had the chills. I went to bed early and got up today (after a poor night’s sleep) feeling much worse. I’m going to work for as long as I can but we’ll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment